1. The rental period begins on the day of shipment and ends on the day the equipment is returned to the rental company’s warehouse. If equipment is picked up before 12:00 midday or returned after 12:00 midday, the whole day will be charged. Transport days will be charged as rental days.
2. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays shall only be exempt from payment if the hirer can furnish verification that the rented equipment was not used or was not on standby. The rental charge must be paid even if the equipment was not in use.
3. Amounts up to EUR 100 shall be paid immediately in cash upon collection. If an order is cancelled within 24 hours, half of the overall rental charge shall be due for payment.
4. All transport and packing costs shall be borne by the hirer. If the hired equipment is shipped outside of Germany, the hirer shall ensure proper customs clearance and shall bear the risk and any costs incurred.
5. Upon collection of the equipment, hirers shall satisfy themselves that the equipment is in perfect condition. The rental company is not liable for direct or indirect losses caused by any defects in the rented equipment or by the rental company’s operating staff.
6. The rented equipment must be handled with care and returned in perfect condition as otherwise the daily rental rate must be charged until the completion of repair. The hirer is prohibited from carrying out repairs on the rented equipment or from having such repairs carried out by a third party. Nor is sub-rental permitted without the consent of the rental company. The hirer is aware of the fact that the rented equipment is not covered by property insurance and that, consequently, any loss or damage will not be compensated by an insurer.
7. If vehicles belonging to the rental company are hired, the hirer shall ensure compliance with the statutory provisions governing the operation of motor vehicles. Use of vehicles outside of the purpose stated in the contract is specifically prohibited. The hirer shall be liable for any damage; the vehicles are covered by non-comprehensive insurance.
8. The rental company is entitled to charge instalments up to the amount of the total rental charge. If the hirer fails to observe the due dates for payment, the rental company is allowed to terminate the rental agreement for cause and to demand the immediate return of the rented equipment. Waiving their right to forbid entrance, hirers shall allow the rental company access to each room in which rented equipment is stored in order to aid the rental company in repossessing its property. Under no circumstances shall the hirer have the right of retention.
9. New customers shall pay the rental company a minimum deposit of € 100 (in words: one hundred euros) for the rented equipment.